Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

John Farnham - Whispering Jack curio

An amazing piece of 80s cd history is shown below.

It's a copy of the John Farnham "Whispering Jack" cd. But this one is pressed
in 24-carat Kalgoorlie gold!

I'm not sure what price it retailed for back in 1987, but forums list it as seen for $100. There is currently one on ebay for $250, but I doubt it will sell at that price.

It seems that this limited cd was promoted heavily by Qantas, as there is evidence it was up for sale on the international flights to US/UK back in the day, as late as 1988.

Here's some photos I've gathered from the web. I'd love to own one, but they are too expensive.





2 comments:

  1. I have one in my possession and prepaired to sell it it is Limited number 756 out of 2500 printed in Pure Kalgoorlie Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy is #2437. I bought it at a record store when it was first released. In brand new condition. Hardly played.

    ReplyDelete